Driving Instructor Training
Discover real job satisfaction and train to become a Driving Instructor with M 4 Motoring Driving School.
If you are great with people, and have a passion for Road Safety this could be the perfect role for you! Become a Driving instructor and enjoy these amazing benefits:
- Be your own boss
- Work the hours that suit you (Full-time or Part-time)
- Earnings (after costs) of over £800 Per Week
- Work locally from your home
- Your own choice of vehicle
The Qualification Process
Please call us on 0333 456 5455 and one of our Trainers will run through the entire process in detail. A snapshot of the process is:
- Disclosure & Barring Service (the old Criminal Records Bureau) Check.
- Apply to become a Driving instructor with DVSA and receive your Personal Reference Number (This will stay with you forever!).
- Pass the 3 qualifying tests:
- The ADI 1. Theory & Hazard Perception Test
- The ADI 2. The Driving Ability Test. Similar to that of a learner Driver but a little longer, incorporating motorways, additional manoeuvres and to a much higher standard.
- The ADI 3. The Instructional Ability Test. A DVSA Enforcement Officer will observe you teaching a real lesson, to a real pupil and grade you across 17 competencies.
Once you have completed the ADI 2 test and your Trainer has signed you off as being to the right standard, you are able to work (paid) as a Trainee Driving instructor provided you are sponsored by a school that supports the Governments Trainee License Scheme (as M 4 Motoring Driving School do). This gives you up to 6 months to gain real experience with your own pupils. We see this as an important part of your development, additionally it means that you can take one of your own pupils to your ADI 3 test, allowing you to conduct a lesson with a person that you already have a rapport with and know their learning style.
If you think that this may be the right career for you – please call us to discuss, we are there for every step of the journey!